Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm a sensitive guy...

according to my top 25 played songs in iTunes. I'm going to post them even though they don't paint a very accurate picture of my musical taste or what I really listen to the most. And they kind of make me sound wimpy.

1. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 199

2. You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 191

3. Set the Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 167

4. Hands Open by Snow Patrol (there's a trend here somewhere)
Play Count: 165

5. The Finish Line by Snow Patrol (should be higher. I love this song more than the top four.)
Play Count: 162

6. It's Beginning to Get to Me by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 160

7. Make This Go on Forever by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 158

8. Shut Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 157

9. From Where You Are by Lifehouse (FINALLY!)
Play Count: 157

10. Headlights on Dark Roads by Snow Patrol (that didn't last long)
Play Count: 156

11. Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 150

12: How Six Songs Collide by Norwegian Recycling (a VERY cool/awesome mashup artist. Check 'im out. Peter Bull. http://norwegianrecycling.multiply.com/
Play Count: 146

13. Don't Stop (2006 club mix) by DJ Slow (most beautiful techno song you will ever hear. Guaranteed. http://www.imeem.com/ska8boi/music/scNX73h4/dj-slow-dont-stop/
Play Count: 135

14. You're All I Have by Snow Patrol
Play Count: 132

15. In MMMY Bop Life by Unknown (an unknown mashup artist)
This song combines Mmm Bop by Hanson and In My Life by The Beatles
Play Count: 122

16. Let It Happen by Jimmy Eat World
Play Count: 119

17. Lullabye (Rockabye) by Shawn Mullins
Play Count: 119

18. Such Great Heights by The Postal Service (should be MUCH higher. I'll work on it.)
Play Count: 117

19. Boston by Augustana (don't judge me)
Play Count: 116

20. Electable (Give It Up) by Jimmy Eat World (one word: YES!)
Play Count: 115

21. Left You a Closing Lullaby by Unknown (another unknown mashup artist)
This song combines Closing Time by Semisonic and Lullabye (Rockabye) by Shawn Mullins
Play Count: 111

22. Everything by Lifehouse (beautiful song)
Play Count: 106

23. Glass of Water by Coldplay (this song is quickly climbing the ranks)
Play Count: 103

24. Always You by Amber Pacific (the odd on of the bunch)
Play Count: 100

25. Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Play Count: 99

Now, looking at these songs, you can see that some of them have very similar characteristics. A lot of them seem to be rather depressing. Yet, they are also very peaceful, which is why they are so high on the list. Do I listen to Snow Patrol the most? No, in fact the band I listen to the most isn't even in the top 25. House of Heroes takes up most of my musical attention. Their CD hasn't left my car since it came out back in September of last year. But these songs are all rather sleep worth. That's right. I listen to these songs when I'm trying to sleep. Quite often. There are a few outliers in the group. There are a few in the group that are also there because they matched my mood a lot. Which I hate to admit but I went through a fairly depressed state not too long ago.

Overall, I wish I could change these top 25. But they will likely stay in this or close to this order for a while. But I'll live with it because they are still pretty good songs. (mostly). I just wish HoH was up there. (first House of Heroes song is number 46 *sad face*) I think a person's top 25 can tell you a lot about them. But mine isn't very accurate. Maybe I'm in denial.

In closing, here are a few quick things also involving my iTunes Library:
Items: 6201
Size: 25.20 GB
Time: 15:23:21:11 (that's how long it could play on random before I hear the same song twice)
First Artist: a-ha
Last Artist: ZZ Top
Shortest Song: 0:10
Longest Song: 1:10:08
First Song Added: 7/12/07 12:51 PM
Oldest Last Played: 8/28/07 8:43 PM (Club Foot by Kasabian)

No comments:

Post a Comment